FlatEarthWiki.com is an encyclopedia, and an encyclopedia needs people to write it. Unlike most other reference works, we don't pay people to write for us, and there are very few incentives, perks or privileges associated with contributing. As such, our most valuable resource is neither money nor webspace, but Flat Earth Wiki's contributors, those dedicated people who take time out of their lives to edit, improve or maintain articles. In short, editors matter; and one of the important priorities of the Flat Earth community must be to recruit and retain good contributors. We currently have 467 articles about Flat Earth THANKS TO 2 ACTIVE EDITORS
Flat Earth Wiki:FAQ
Revision as of 19:46, 17 September 2015 by Steve Engelhardt (Created page with "<div style="font-size:125%; background-color:#cedff2; border-bottom:0px; border: 1px solid #a3b0bf; text-align:center; padding-top:4px;">Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) </di...")
This is a list of frequently asked questions about using and contributing to the Flat Earth Wiki. If your question is not answered here, you can contact one of our Staff Members or post it on the Talk Page.
- 1 How do I create a new page?
- 2 How do I edit pages?
- 3 Who can edit/create pages? Why can't I edit a page?
- 4 Why was my page deleted?
- 5 Why was my edit reverted/undone?
- 6 Who are the Flat Earth Wiki Staff Members?
- 7 Are there any rules for the Flat Earth Wiki?
- 8 I can't find _____!
- 9 Why was I blocked from editing?
How do I create a new page?
- You are required to have an Flat Earth Wiki account to create and edit pages— you can . This is to prevent anonymous vandalism and spam on the Wiki. If you have an account and are logged in, visit How To Create A Page.
How do I edit pages?
- See How To Edit A Page for more details. Please note that some pages are protected so that only Flat Earth Wiki staff can edit it.
Who can edit/create pages? Why can't I edit a page?
- Any registered user on the Flat Earth Wiki can edit and create pages, excluding members that have been blocked from editing due to violation of one or more rules. If you are not blocked from editing and you cannot edit a page, it is because the page is protected. Protected pages can only be edited by Flat Earth Wiki staff.
Why was my page deleted?
- The page you created was deleted mainly because the page had little or no useful information on it, it is a duplicate of another page, or it violates a rule. If you feel the page you created was wrongfully deleted, contact a staff member.
Why was my edit reverted/undone?
- If your edit was reverted or undone, it is mainly because the information you added was not needed, or the information you removed is needed. If you disagree, you can contact a staff member.
Who are the Flat Earth Wiki Staff Members?
- You can view the current list of Flat Earth Wiki Staff here.
Are there any rules for the Flat Earth Wiki?
- Yes, there are. You can view the rules here.
I can't find _____!
- You can use the search box located at the top right corner of the page to search for what you are looking for. If you cannot find it, try altering your search terms or you can create the page, if necessary.
Why was I blocked from editing?
- If you have been blocked from editing on the Flat Earth Wiki, you have violated one or more of our rules. The staff member that blocked you from editing should have given a reason for the block. If you want to appeal to the block, you can contact the staff member that blocked you or any other staff member.