FlatEarthWiki.com is an encyclopedia, and an encyclopedia needs people to write it. Unlike most other reference works, we don't pay people to write for us, and there are very few incentives, perks or privileges associated with contributing. As such, our most valuable resource is neither money nor webspace, but Flat Earth Wiki's contributors, those dedicated people who take time out of their lives to edit, improve or maintain articles. In short, editors matter; and one of the important priorities of the Flat Earth community must be to recruit and retain good contributors. We currently have 468 articles about Flat Earth THANKS TO 2 ACTIVE EDITORS
How To Edit A Page
Editing a page is simple.
- Step 1) Find the page you want to edit.
- Step 2) At the top, you should see an "Edit" button. Click it.
- Step 3) Now, in the page, edit what is necessary.
- Step 4) Click the "Show Preview" button at the bottom of the page to see your changes, if all looks right, click the "Save Page" button.
How to Create your User Page
- Step 1: Create an account for flatearthwiki.com
- Step 2: After signing up, log in.
- Step 3: On the Upper Right corner of the page, find a red link with your username.
- Step 4: Click it, then you will go to a page with a blank white box.
- Step 5: Copy the code from Template:User and paste it there.
- Step 6: Fill in the things said there (e.g. Fav. Armor, type your fav. armor)
- Step 7: After putting all of those, type:[[Category:Players]]
- Step 8: Click "Show Preview" to see if you have mistakes, if you got it all right, click "Save Page" to save the page.
How to Post/Upload/Edit Pictures
- Step 1: Click "Upload File", then click "Browse"
- Step 2: Find the Image you need (Note: Only png, gif, jpg, jpeg are permitted file types.)
- Step 3: Click the "Upload file" button.
The image will be uploaded.
How to use templates
Available templates can be found at Category:Templates
Each template is slightly different and each has a description on how they are used. Click the one you want to learn about.
You now know the basics of editing on this wiki. Edit on!